Subject: Re: NetBSD review by Paul Webb
To: None <darcy@netbsd.org>
From: Andy Ruhl <acruhl@gmail.com>
List: netbsd-advocacy
Date: 10/20/2004 14:08:59
On Wed, 20 Oct 2004 08:29:06 -0400, D'Arcy J.M. Cain <darcy@netbsd.org> wrote:
> As a policy we don't compare ourselves to others but rather explain our
> own strengths and invite people to compare us to the alternatives
> themselves.  I happen to think that that is a good policy.
>
> I certainly think that we should submit our release announcement to /.
> along with everyone else that we send it to.

There seems to be this sense among people that if you don't have some
obsure platoform, then there's no reason to use NetBSD. Where does
this come from?

There's also some other sense that, since OpenBSD was spawned from
NetBSD, NetBSD must be insecure. Where does this come from?

It would be nice to read articles about NetBSD as a great operating
system that, by the way, runs on a ton of hardware. This seems to be
missed for some reason.

Those internet land speed record articles seem like a good place to start?

Andy