Subject: Re: NetBSD review by Paul Webb
To: Mike Cheponis <mac@Wireless.Com>
From: D'Arcy J.M. Cain <darcy@NetBSD.org>
List: netbsd-advocacy
Date: 10/20/2004 08:29:06
On Tue, 19 Oct 2004 21:34:03 +0000 (UTC)
Mike Cheponis <mac@Wireless.Com> wrote:
> Clearly, a calm follow-up with Mr. Webb is needed by somebody on the
> NetBSD board, but it should not go officially unanswered, IMHO.

As Herb said, who cares what Paul Webb thinks.  Looking at the followups
it doesn't seem like anyone cares.

> Perhaps a full-blown article on /. coincident with the 2.0 release,
> with _our_ comparisons to our sister projects...

As a policy we don't compare ourselves to others but rather explain our
own strengths and invite people to compare us to the alternatives
themselves.  I happen to think that that is a good policy.

I certainly think that we should submit our release announcement to /.
along with everyone else that we send it to.

--
D'Arcy J.M. Cain <darcy@NetBSD.org>
http://www.NetBSD.org/