Subject: Re: NetBSD review by Paul Webb
To: None <netbsd-advocacy@netbsd.org>
From: Michael W. Lucas <mwlucas@blackhelicopters.org>
List: netbsd-advocacy
Date: 10/19/2004 21:32:34
(Disclaimer: no specific comments here are aimed at any particular web
site or publication of any sort.  Also, I haven't read the original
article.)

More than once when I've tried to get a piece of work published, I've
been told that it was "insufficiently inflammatory" to drive
eyeballs/ad views.  (Don't ask me where; I still have to work in this
field!)  Some web sites are completely uninterested in honest,
researched articles and prefer hyperbole over substance.

The NetBSD community would be far better served by finding an outlet
for a well-written and well-reasoned article than by ranting about how
any one article is a piece of moose poo.

And look on the bright side of the worst case: NetBSD is getting
enough of a "name" for someone to try a hatchet job.  :-)

--
Michael Lucas		mwlucas@FreeBSD.org, mwlucas@BlackHelicopters.org
   "I'm sorry, but 'Social Darwinism' is no excuse for killing all of