Subject: Re: NetBSD review by Paul Webb
To: Hubert Feyrer <hubert@feyrer.de>
From: Herb Peyerl <hpeyerl@beer.org>
List: netbsd-advocacy
Date: 10/19/2004 15:30:24
On 19-Oct-04, at 3:21 PM, Hubert Feyrer wrote:

> The person obviously never looked at NetBSD in detail, nor has any
> deep understanding of concepts like performance and security, else it
> would be obvious that they are not something that NetBSD has to brag
> about, but rather something that's considered normal.
>
> Of course if you have nothing else to sell you can say "we're oh so
> secure" or "hey, we have all the cool GUI stuff, we can afford the
> bloat" - NetBSD won't, given it's constraints given through the
> portability. NetBSD has to offer state of the art operating system
> that OF COURSE is secure, and OF COURSE is performance optimized, and
> OF COURSE has about all the drivers available. But there's more to
> that other than the things that every operating system offers OF
> COURSE these days.
>
> Blindly ignoring the facts and judging by some marketing slogan and
> hear-say proves that the author has no technical background for his
> writing at all, and obviously doesn't know any code of ethics for
> writing.

Some people feel the need to "publish" _something_.  Getting published
on slashdog must be the crowning glory in their lives...

/. has never really been a paragon of quality or even timely 'news';
but nowadays, it's not even worth the browser rendering cycles; when
this sort of crap gets published...