Subject: Re: new XFree86 license and BSD
To: Ian Zagorskih <ianzag@megasignal.com>
From: Perry E. Metzger <perry@piermont.com>
List: netbsd-advocacy
Date: 04/14/2004 09:08:25
"Ian Zagorskih" <ianzag@megasignal.com> writes:
> As you know, XFree86 team has introduced a new license for their new 4.4.0
> product branch. This change born many different talks and buzzes.
> The question is: what NetBSD team thinks about new XFree86 license and where
> can i read some kind of [semi]official statement about this ?

We imported 4.4.0 a long time ago, and the license is no worse than
the one in NetBSD now for much of the code.

Might I suggest, though, that you go elsewhere if you're trying to
provoke a useless argument about the XFree license? There are plenty
of other mailing lists where such a discussion would be appropriate,
but NetBSD lists are not among them.

--
Perry E. Metzger		perry@piermont.com