Subject: Re: kudos.
To: Herb Peyerl <hpeyerl@beer.org>
From: Jeremy C. Reed <reed@reedmedia.net>
List: netbsd-advocacy
Date: 03/25/2004 19:30:22
On Thu, 25 Mar 2004, Herb Peyerl wrote:

> Unfortunately, my employers' product is based on it, and it was the one
> I was instructed to install.
>
> So maybe that's it.  I don't know one Lignux from the others.  I can't
> get used to the fact that there are many hundreds of variants of the
> same thing.

If you ever get a choice, and you want it to be a little easier than
Gentoo consider my Linux based on all pkgsrc. If you know pkgsrc, then
you'll feel comfortable.

If you know NetBSD's great rc.conf/rc.d/rcorder system, you'll feel
comfortable.

glibc, linux (the kernel), util-linux, linux-modutils and
linux-module-init-tools, vixie-cron, net-tools, linux-nfs-tools, iptables,
isc-dhcpd, linux-kbd, linux-makdev, words, yp-tools, yp-bind, ypserv,
sysklogd, strace, sysvinit, et cetera, all via pkgsrc. (Many are in
pkgsrc-wip.)

   Jeremy C. Reed
   http://bsd.reedmedia.net/