Subject: Re: NetBSD logo competition final?
To: Herb Peyerl <hpeyerl@beer.org>
From: Hubert Feyrer <hubert@feyrer.de>
List: netbsd-advocacy
Date: 03/04/2004 18:57:38
On Thu, 4 Mar 2004, Herb Peyerl wrote:
>  > So who selects the winner?
> Either that or the board of TNF.

No.
As far as I understand it, the plan is that comm-exec pre-selects a few,
and the members of TNF (AKA developers :) get to vote for one.

(Maybe I should point out again that this whole thing is a logo
competition, not necessarily a mascot competition - we can (but don't have
to, if so decided!) keep the daemon as mascot, but it's most likely that
it will not be an important part of the new logo for the reasons that this
whole competition was started. If people want to keep the daemon as a
mascot, voting for an abstract logo is the way to go.

Speaking purely for myself, I would like the daemon to stay as a mascot as
it gives us good brand recognition, we put quite some effort into it being
connected to NetBSD in the past and are unlikely to give much more
attention to promoting a whole new thing in the future. I will thus
suggest something that's abstract-based with some elements that remind of
the daemon).

 - Hubert

--
Hubert Feyrer <hubert@feyrer.de>