Subject: Re: NetBSD logo design competition
To: None <netbsd-users@netbsd.org, current-users@NetBSD.org,>
From: Randy Beaudreault <maccult@pacbell.net>
List: netbsd-advocacy
Date: 01/16/2004 15:45:41
>Randy Beaudreault <maccult@pacbell.net> wrote:
>>  I say we plagirize the last lines of Emma Lazarus' "The New Colossus"
>>  with Beastie as the Statue of Liberty:
>
>Wow! I really like this idea! Great image, and great original copy.  Of
>course, the potential to offend even more people (cross-dressing, defiling
>a national icon, etc.) is pretty large, but the mental image of a pair of
>chucks peeking out from under the Daemon Statue's robes delights me.

And you have Beastie standing on a base of computers that NetBSD
installs on, or a representative set of architectures/machines.

>  > Give me your tired, your poor,
>>  Your huddled masses yearning to breathe free,
>>  The wretched refuse of your teeming shore.
>>  Send these, the homeless, tempest-tossed, to me:
>>  I lift my lamp beside the golden door.
>

>Give me your ancient, your obscure,
>Your hard-booted machines, yearning to run free,
>The random silicon refuse of your teeming machine rooms.
>Send these, the unwanted, dumpster-tossed, to me:
>I TFTP the kernel to the growing 'net.
>
>  -johan

I vote for Johan's verse with:

>Johan A. van Zanten wrote:
>>  Randy Beaudreault <maccult@pacbell.net> wrote:
>>  > I say we plagirize the last lines of Emma Lazarus' "The New Colossus"
>>  > with Beastie as the Statue of Liberty:
>>
>>  Wow! I really like this idea! Great image, and great original copy.  Of
>>  course, the potential to offend even more people (cross-dressing, defiling
>>  a national icon, etc.) is pretty large, but the mental image of a pair of
>>  chucks peeking out from under the Daemon Statue's robes delights me.
>
>And in place of the lamp, an oversized RJ45 connecter? <smirk>
>
>/sjd

Stephen's use of an RJ45 connector for the torch.

I vote for all of the above.  LOL
--
Randy Beaudreault

"Spam in a can" - a description of the first astronauts

"Love is like solving the perfect murder.  It's good to be good,
but better to be lucky" - Det. Frank Pembleton
 From the show, "Homicide: Life On The Street"