Subject: Re: German Unix User Group Fr?hjahrsfachgespr?che 20040309-20040312
To: None <netbsd-advocacy@netbsd.org>
From: Bernd Sieker <bsieker@freenet.de>
List: netbsd-advocacy
Date: 01/02/2004 21:52:42
On 02.01.04, 11:22:12, Ignatios Souvatzis wrote:
> Hi,
>
> as some of you are probably aware, the GUUG FFG 2004 will take place
> 20040309 - 20040312.
>
> I'm planning to give a talk or two, and wonder whether other NetBSD
> people will be around, and whether we should try to do some sort of
> presentation there (I have no idea whether something beyond a "poster"
> is possible).

I was there last year with a poster about our NetBSD-based Church
Internet Cafe. If I can find the time to make another poster, I'll
be there again. As far as I know, posters can be submitted quite
late, because they don't have to fit into a schedule, but still
you get free admission to the talks and the social event, though
not for the workshops.

The poster could be combined with a small table selling merchandize (CPU
badges, posters, CD-ROMs, DVDs, etc ...).

> Hubert has offered me his slides, so I'll submit a proposal for a NetBSD
> talk, so this is covered.

A word about the audience to be expected: These are not in the
majority hardcore Linux freaks as they seem to be on many other
events.  Here are a lot of BSD, Solaris, HPUX, AIX, etc. people.

--
Bernd Sieker

NetBSD. Not Guano.
		-- Hubert Feyrer