Subject: Re: RC5-72
To: None <rmk@rmkhome.com>
From: Emre Yildirim <ey@ieee.org>
List: netbsd-advocacy
Date: 10/29/2003 07:58:52
Once upon a time Rick Kelly proclaimed:
> When I search for ID #4420 at distributed.net, it says that the contact
> address is netbsd-rc5@flame.org. Which is right?

That's correct, however right now distributed.net is broken and no one can join
teams.  I noticed this a few days ago, and apparently the people at d.net are
working on the problem.  You can still keep crunching blocks though, because as soon
as they fix the team joining bug, you can transfer all the completed blocks to the
NetBSD team (I'm going to do the same).  I'll send out another message here once
they fix it.

(PS: With the RC5-72 project, joining teams is a little bit different.  With the old
RC5-64 project, you'd use the team's email address or ID number as your contact and
all your completed blocks would go towards their stats.  With the new project you
can use your own email address.  You will still keep your personal stats page, but
your blocks will also go to the team.  This way you can see how many blocks you
individually crunched.  So you don't have to use netbsd-rc2@flame.org, just use your
own email address)

Take care