Subject: Re: Benchmark NetBSD, FreeBSD, OpenBSD and Linux
To: Alan Post <apost@recalcitrant.org>
From: David Maxwell <david@crlf.net>
List: netbsd-advocacy
Date: 10/21/2003 18:16:03
On Tue, Oct 21, 2003 at 08:01:42PM +0000, Alan Post wrote:
> In article <20031021084815.A14030@mail.bcpl.net>, Webmaster Jim wrote:
> >
> > It is not all bad news; the site says:
> >
> > Please note that NetBSD was the only BSD that never crashed or
> > panicked on me, so it gets favourable treatment for that.
>
> Yeah, but don't get too excited:  FreeBSD, OpenBSD, and Linux 2.6 were
> all unstable versions.  I'll leave the Linux 2.4 flames for other
> people.  :)

You failed to note that he updated to FreeBSD-current because FreeBSD
stable crashed on him, and OpenBSD current because the OpenBSD release
had significant performance issues.

--
David Maxwell, david@vex.net|david@maxwell.net --> Mastery of UNIX, like
mastery of language, offers real freedom. The price of freedom is always dear,