Subject: NetBSD user database...
To: None <netbsd-advocacy@netbsd.org>
From: Richard Rauch <rkr@olib.org>
List: netbsd-advocacy
Date: 10/19/2003 05:14:02
Well, the NetBSD user database hasn't changed in a little over a month.  No
one has emailed me new entries (or at least, I haven't received any).
However, seeing someone hit the web-page searching for "netbsd+companies"
via Google made me think about it again.

For the record, my logs show 226 distinct hosts accessed the list.  I've seen
NetBSD, FreeBSD, GNU/LINUX, MS, and Mac users wander by.  A number of the
distinct hosts seem to be the same person using dynamic IP and checking on
different days (hence different hostnames), and a few are web-crawlers/robots.

I'm still waiting for an entry from Japan or Hawaii, though I think that it's safe
to say that "the sun never sets on NetBSD", even now.

You can also see and list amazing places to drink beer in the potential
presense of NetBSD users, and list events (like the late BSDCon).  I can tell
that you're excited by the inflection of your yawn.  (^&

(Some of the New York crowd needs to send coords for DBA, which apparently
is an open source of beer for them what hang out on the regional-nyc list.)

I'm also open to new entry types, should the mood strike you (employment
options that feature NetBSD might fit well).

If you're interested:

 http://www.olib.org/~rkr/netbsd/netbsdusers.html

(No, I never got around to setting up a web-form for submitting entries.
Since the interest fell off, and the harder part of crafting an entry remains
the determination of approximate coordinates, I haven't gotten around to
the form.)