Subject: RE: NetBSD US Government Certified?
To: , <netbsd-advocacy@NetBSD.org>
From: Sporleder, Matthew (CCI-Atlanta) <Matthew.Sporleder@cox.com>
List: netbsd-advocacy
Date: 08/05/2003 19:27:24
Wouldn't this be the same as getting real UNIX certified?
A private company would have to put up the bill, and whatever version
of NetBSD would get the certification, but would probably lose it when
new_version was released.  I don't see how it would be negative.

If it gets press coverage, it will be "Linux competition ramping up
from new upstart Operating System: FreeBSD"

And then a few weeks later, they will print a correction about meaning
to say NetBSD.  If this is for a specific purpose, then I think the push
might be worth something.  Otherwise, getting NetBSD noticed by company
money (translates into popularity and use) is almost impossible.

Sorry to sound so sarcastic/pessimistic.  It's just from hearing all of
the linux press lately.

If anyone does have a serious marketing strategy, I'd be excited to hear =
it.

_Matt