Subject: RE: ocaml website: netbsd copycat
To: None <netbsd-advocacy@netbsd.org>
From: Matthew Prazak <prazak@isg-scra.org>
List: netbsd-advocacy
Date: 07/09/2003 16:29:15
Is the design of the NetBSD website a trademark of the NetBSD project?
Is it worth defending, including expending the resources necessary to
do so?

Perhaps the OCaml site should be viewed as an affirmation rather than
as plagarism.

Also, I view the beauty of the BSD-style licensing scheme being that
it isn't as necessary to keep a lawyer around to go after licensing
violations.  Would it be a good idea to license the NetBSD website
under the BSD license (I noticed the "All rights reserved." line in
the netbsd.org source)?  The "Inspired by..." phrase at ocaml.org is
pretty close to fufilling the BSD license terms.

Matt