Subject: Re: SCO update: "Issues with BSD" ?
To: Mike Cheponis <mac@Wireless.Com>
From: Perry E. Metzger <perry@piermont.com>
List: netbsd-advocacy
Date: 06/16/2003 22:28:24
> "But what about BSD?" I asked. Sontag responded that there
> "could be issues with the [BSD] settlement agreement," adding that
> Berkeley may not have lived up to all of its commitments under the
> settlement.

Given the legal details of the way that case was closed, I think that
the judge that approved the settlement would be very pissed if they
attempted to re-open the case a decade later. They didn't settle
because they were about to win.

Not, however, that the slimebags wouldn't try. They obviously have no
shame whatsoever.

It is a sad commentary on our country that bringing meritless lawsuits
is considered a valid business strategy.

Perry