Subject: Re: debian-netbsd
To: None <netbsd-advocacy@netbsd.org>
From: Jeremy C. Reed <reed@reedmedia.net>
List: netbsd-advocacy
Date: 05/15/2003 09:04:52
On Thu, 15 May 2003, Andrzej Szeszo wrote:

> > has anyone heard about this project ?
> >
> > http://www.debian.org/ports/netbsd/

Yes. I wrote a couple articles about it.

> Yes, I heard about it some time ago but I would rather see the opposite
> approach. Recently I have started playing with NetBSD's pkgsrc under
> Linux and it works nice. But what I would really like to see is a small
> Linux base system ready to drop pkgsrc in. AFAIK there is no such thing
> (yet?).

With the bootstrap kit, I believe a few Linux systems can quickly start
using pkgsrc.

I have several machines running Linux with all software installed built
via pkgsrc. I added over 20 new needed packages. When I have time, I will
post a website all about this.

   Jeremy C. Reed
   http://bsd.reedmedia.net/