Subject: Re: Your interview @ linmagau
To: Ram Chandar <cnn_dinu01@sancharnet.in>
From: George Staikos <staikos@kde.org>
List: netbsd-advocacy
Date: 05/07/2003 13:53:07
On Wednesday 07 May 2003 03:55, Ram Chandar wrote:
> Ref:
> http://www.linmagau.org/modules.php?op=modload&name=Sections&file=index&req
>=viewarticle&artid=89&page=6
>
> I'm running KDE 3 on NetBSD, and as such am sad that you left out
> NetBSD in your "thanks".

   I'm sorry, I didn't intend to leave anyone out.  I actually wasn't aware of
NetBSD packages/ports for KDE, though I had never looked.  We have regular
feedback and work done by OpenBSD, FreeBSD, Debian, and other packagers who
make the packages for free in their spare time, much the way NetBSD
functions.  The ones I mentioned came to mind as particularily active, or
people with whom I have had contact in the process.  Of course I said "and
others" in the interview too!  I am sorry, I did not intend to offend NetBSD
or anyone else.

   In the future, if NetBSD makes KDE packages, it would be great to have them
prepared and announced along with new KDE releases.  I've asked the release
coordinator to do this for future releases.  Whoever does the KDE port on
NetBSD, please contact the KDE release coordinator if you wish for this to
happen.

--
George Staikos
KDE Developer				http://www.kde.org/