Subject: Re: BSD advocacy at LinuxFest Northwest, April 26, Bellingham, Washington, USA
To: Jeremy C. Reed <reed@reedmedia.net>
From: Dan Langille <dan@langille.org>
List: netbsd-advocacy
Date: 04/19/2003 08:52:59
On 18 Apr 2003 at 10:24, Jeremy C. Reed wrote:

> This year, the event is being organized by several Linux users groups, has
> larger facilities and has several big names in the Linux community giving
> lectures. Some organizers are expecting more than 1000 to attend.

I was at Open Source Weekend (see http://www.osw.ca/ and
http://www.freebsddiary.org/osw-2003.php).  Like your event,it Linux-
centric.  But there was great interest in the BSD booth.

> Anyone in the Pacific Northwest area interested in helping promote
> NetBSD?

We had NetBSD, OpenBSD, FreeBSD, and OS/X at our booth.  We had
people drive 5+ hours to help us out.  What about sending your
request to the other BSD advocacy lists in order to cast your net
wider?
--
Dan Langille : http://www.langille.org/