Subject: Re: New Poster - Request for Comments
To: None <netbsd-advocacy@netbsd.org>
From: Jan Schaumann <jschauma@netmeister.org>
List: netbsd-advocacy
Date: 04/03/2003 10:40:00
Bernd Sieker <bsieker@freenet.de> wrote:
> On 03.04.03, 14:14:09, Bernd Sieker wrote:
> >
> > Hi
> >
> > Again a new version, includes some suggestions by hubertf.
> >
> >   http://nuxi.homeunix.org/NetBSD/Poster/Combined/
> >

> The original English version has been moved to [...]/en/, the German
> version is now available under [...]/de/

In the English version, the first box reads

"My desktop runs on NetBSD - and it runs it very well"

I think this "and it runs it very well" should be removed.  It makes it
sound like we're proud of having finally managed to get NetBSD running
half-decent on a workstation.

I'd suggest swapping "Servers" and "Workstations" and then have
"Workstations" read

"Of course my desktop runs NetBSD as well!"

This puts the server first -- and as any *nix, NetBSD is, I think,
primarily a server OS.  The next logical extension from the server is
the workstation, so that's why I'd put it after Servers.

Similarly for the German version.

Just my $.02.  Nice job otherwise!

-Jan

--
A common mistake that people make when trying to design something completely
foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools.