Subject: Re: New Poster - Request for Comments
To: None <netbsd-advocacy@netbsd.org>
From: Bernd Sieker <bsieker@freenet.de>
List: netbsd-advocacy
Date: 04/01/2003 14:33:37
On 01.04.03, 00:07:43, Jan Schaumann wrote:
> Bernd Sieker <bsieker@freenet.de> wrote:
>
> > http://nuxi.homeunix.org/NetBSD/Posters/

New version at
http://nuxi.homeunix.org/NetBSD/Posters/Platforms/Draft-b/

> I like it quite a bit - nice job!
>
> One suggestion:  the gray bar in each of the six boxes looks like there
> belongs some text in there.  Dunno what text, but kinda feels like that
> to me.

It was just meant as a filler, to resemble the ornaments at the top and
the bottom. Right now I could not think of any text to go there. But if
others feel they are distracting, too, I might consider changing them.
(btw, they are light blue, not grey.)

I have made a new version with a different font (it's all Luxi Sans
now, except the URL, which is Courier), I hope it improves readability.
I have also changed some texts slightly, I am also grateful for
suggestions about the text, I just hammered out some phrases, they
could use a bit polishing.

The Text in the PDF is now high-quality, due to different transparency
handling in the OpenOffice-Postscript-Export. The data reduction
for the images is still quite strong and affects image quality.
For reference, see the PS file.

> Anyway, as I said, I like it.  If you make improvements (or even if you
> leave it), let us know if we can maybe make it available on our website,
> too.

All my posters (and possibly some flyers, later) are freely usable for
promoting NetBSD. That includes printing, handing out, making available
on the Net, changing, translating, ...

Give me credit if you feel like it, but I don't require it. (I often
feel that a Copyright notice on the Poster itself destroys the overall
image).

> -Jan
>
> Time is an illusion, lunchtime doubly so.

"Very deep, you should send that in to the Reader's Digest." (A. Dent)

--
Bernd Sieker

NetBSD:  Flying into the heart of the Sun.  And the i386, and alpha,
         and mac, and powerpc, and...
		-- Greywolf