Subject: Re: NetBSD poster
To: grant beattie <grant@netbsd.org>
From: None <kpneal@pobox.com>
List: netbsd-advocacy
Date: 02/22/2003 15:54:03
On Sat, Feb 22, 2003 at 10:13:41AM +1100, grant beattie wrote:
> I have started on somewhat of a "look and feel" (more look, at this
> stage) for the web site as part of converting it to Docbook. The
> NetBSD.css is used by only a couple of pages so far, eg.
> www.netbsd.org/releng/ but I'm it sure could use some more work.

/*
	Copyright (c) 1994-2003
	The NetBSD Foundation, Inc.  ALL RIGHTS RESERVED.
	$NetBSD: NetBSD.css,v 1.9 2003/01/31 07:53:55 grant Exp $

	This style sheet is meant to encapsulate the style used on all
	NetBSD web site pages.
*/

Is it really intended that this style sheet never be used by
anyone beside NetBSD? Not even in part?

That seems a bit unfriendly. Then again, if NetBSD establishes a brand
for the web site, the logo, etc etc, then I guess it wouldn't do to
have someone else just swipe the brand.

   "I like being on the Daily Show." - Kermit the Frog, Feb 13 2001