Subject: Re: NetBSD poster
To: Thomas Runge <coto@core.de>
From: Martin Weber <Ephaeton@gmx.net>
List: netbsd-advocacy
Date: 02/22/2003 00:01:39
On Fri, Feb 21, 2003 at 11:23:49PM +0100, Thomas Runge wrote:
> (...) Ah, while
> we are at "logo". A nice NetBSD logo wouldn't hurt. Over the years
> I got comfortable with this civil war-like logo on our home page,
> but it's not appealing to non insider. Too complicated, no eye catcher.

This topic has been brought up more than once since I follow the
nbsd mailing lists, and there have been other (and better :) reasons
mentioned for getting a new or alternate logo.

Not appealing to a non insider, too complicated and no eye catcher
imho all are wrong, it caught my attention, I liked the pile of (old ?)
boxes, the bunch of uniform daemons on top of it, and the netbsd flag...

(all your box are belong to us ?).

Honestly, I love the logo, guess you figured that much.

With all the muttering about the logo over the time, thought I'd say
that :)

-Martin