Subject: Re: NFS capability
To: None <rmk@rmkhome.com>
From: Luke Mewburn <lukem@netbsd.org>
List: netbsd-advocacy
Date: 02/12/2003 10:54:05
On Tue, Feb 11, 2003 at 01:20:34PM -0700, Rick Kelly wrote:
  | Perry E. Metzger said:
  |
  | >NetBSD is usually a lot better as an NFS server than Linux. I doubt it
  | >is going to compete with something like a netapp box, though.
  |
  | Linux makes a good NFS server for Linux clients, otherwise it is problematic
  | and non-standard.
  |
  | Just remember whose code the netapp started with. :-)

Definitely their own code for the file system, and probably whole
other chunks, although AFAICT, 4.4BSD (?) was used for the TCP/IP stack.

AFAICT, NetBSD/alpha was only used to get the OnTAP alpha port going.
It's still cool to see NetBSD mentioned in NetApp's OnTAP documentation,
even though they don't use Alpha CPUs any more.