Subject: Re: Start of project?
To: Greg groggy Lehey <grog@lemis.com>
From: Richard Rauch <rkr@olib.org>
List: netbsd-advocacy
Date: 02/11/2003 21:26:46
Re. http://mail-index.netbsd.org/netbsd-advocacy/2003/02/12/0003.html

For the sake of celebrating the 10th anniversary, March 21 seems as good
a day as any.

As for the "generally accepted" date...  That implies that enough (and
enough of a percentage of) people have been thinking about it for
a consensus to exist and have meaning.

On the same day that I read Hubert's message, I had just been pondering
"it must be coming up on the 10th year soon..."  But I don't think that
very many people have been  thinking about it.  And I doubt that anyone
is thinking very seriously about it.  March 21st should be the spring
equinox (or was that the 20th?).  Hubert put forth the 21st, first, and
it's a Friday so..."sounds good to me".  I'll be at the Black Lab. on
Montrose in Houston at least in the early Evening.  (^&

If you want to be scholarly about it, I think cgd himself makes the
point best that you need to define what you're trying to date before
you even begin to worry about what the actual date is.  There are lots
of "events" that you could use to mark exactly when something began.

--
  "I probably don't know what I'm talking about."  --rkr@olib.org