Subject: Re: NFS capability
To: Richard Rauch <rkr@olib.org>
From: Ram Chandar <cnn_dinu01@sancharnet.in>
List: netbsd-advocacy
Date: 02/11/2003 13:18:52
> I don't think that the phasing out of SGI workstations has to do with
> NFS or server capability.  Recall who invented OpenGL..?

The articles or someother mentions that SGI quitting the workstation
business created a vacuum which sucked in x86 Linux.

Okay, I got the point with DRI you mentioned in an email exchange
with the guy behind FilmGimp. He said much of the DRI stuff that
the studios use have not been made open source.

BTW what is the situation with NFS Server capability with NetBSD
and other BSDs? Better than GNU/Linux? or is SUN the king here?

Ram Chandar.