Subject: Re: amigappc, borg? "PowerPC based Amiga boargs"
To: Hubert Feyrer <hubert.feyrer@informatik.fh-regensburg.de>
From: Richard Rauch <rkr@olib.org>
List: netbsd-advocacy
Date: 02/01/2003 14:19:21
On Sat, Feb 01, 2003 at 12:32:28PM +0100, Hubert Feyrer wrote:
> On Sat, 1 Feb 2003, Richard Rauch wrote:
> > In the longer run, it may be a bad idea to have advocacy materials
> > in a primary format that is difficult for most NetBSD users to use
> > and maintain.
>
> Suggest something better (and redo the poster in it).

Ah, DTP was never my area.  As long as there's an active person who
is able and willing to work with Corel Draw.  I was getting the impression
that the files were orphaned.

> I started with FrameMaker on the poster, but found it not dealing with
> paper bigger than DIN A4 properly, so tried Corel Draw and found it very
> nice. If you can find something better, go for it!

Um...does it really matter if FrameMaker knows how big the paper is going
to be?  Why not lie to it and rescale the image just before going to
paper?

(I started to take a peek at an alternative, but nothing useful to report
yet.  (^&)

--
  "I probably don't know what I'm talking about."  --rkr@olib.org