Subject: Re: need input for posters
To: Thomas Runge <coto@core.de>
From: Hubert Feyrer <hubert.feyrer@informatik.fh-regensburg.de>
List: netbsd-advocacy
Date: 01/30/2003 21:34:30
On Thu, 30 Jan 2003, Thomas Runge wrote:
> Please send me some sentences about our advantages regarding
> security over other operating systems. Or at least some
> sentences that we are as good as all the others :)

OK, here's something for discussion:

``To NetBSD, security is not a neccessity but a matter of course.  State
of the art cryptographic methods as well as software to employ like
Racoon, Secure Shell and Kerberos them as well as programs for packet
filtering and firewalling are included as part of the NetBSD base system.
Furthermore, our team of experienced hackers^Wdevelopers is constantly
doing both manual and automated code audits, and our team of security
officers is working with CERT and other organisations to prevent problems
as soon as possible. As an example of this effort, NetBSD has the lowest
number of incidents reported on the Bugtraq mailing list.''

 - Hubert

* Basics -> http://www.onlamp.com/pub/a/onlamp/2001/05/24/ipv6_tutorial.html
* Setup  -> http://www.onlamp.com/pub/a/onlamp/2001/06/01/ipv6_tutorial.html
Of course with your #1 IPv6 ready operating system -> http://www.NetBSD.org/