Subject: Re: Ottawa: Open Source Weekend
To: David Maxwell <david@vex.net>
From: Dan Langille <dan@langille.org>
List: netbsd-advocacy
Date: 01/20/2003 09:24:25
On 16 Jan 2003 at 1:28, David Maxwell wrote:

> I'm out of town until tomorrow night, so I haven't been focused on
> this. It is my number one priority when I get back.
>
> I'm hoping I may have a (at least partially) working NetBSD kernel on
> a Zaurus, for one thing.
>
> I suppose a quad CPU sparc10 wouldn't be a bad thing (with sparc MP
> recently 'completed').
>
> It's probably worth me bringing a Shark (DNARD), due to cool
> form-factor, fanless, and the original Oracle project which intended
> to use NetBSD.
>
> Similarly, we could show a NetWinder running NetBSD. Recognizable for
> the Ottawa crowd...
>
> Another option would be some Compact-PCI boards (Ultrasparc and/or
> x86) for the industrial computing inclined.
>
> Yet another possibility are some MIPS32 evaluation boards I'll be
> working on next week.
>
> While I'm there, I'll have my x86 laptop too - always good to show off
> the stability of NetBSD hot-swap, cardbus and USB support.

Consider that the primary audience is business.  What would you think
would have the most effect upon them?

> Care to set a space limit? ;-)

Space is limited to the rack I have....  It already has three boxes
in it, and a chap from Sudbury has offerred a Max OS X.

We had our last meeting yesterday.  Expected numbers continue to
climb.  We're ready.
--
Dan Langille : http://www.langille.org/