Subject: suggestions for NetBSD stickers?
To: None <netbsd-advocacy@mail.netbsd.org>
From: Kevin Lahey <kml@patheticgeek.net>
List: netbsd-advocacy
Date: 01/16/2003 13:54:01
I've recently taken to decorating the rollbar on my Miata with
small bumperstickers.  I've got the fabulous "Free the Mouse"
sticker from bumperactive.com, along with a few band and college
radio stickers.  I'd really like to have a NetBSD sticker.

I've seen (and have a copy of) the oval car nationality "BSD"
sticker, but for some reason I really don't like those nationality
stickers.  (I'm on my aestetic high horse here and I still admit
covering my rollbar with bumperstickers?  Yah, well, deal.)

In any case, I'm planning to order 250 4.25" x 1.38" stickers
for $20 from:

	http://www.stickerguy.com/

I want something small and simple, in black and white, with
just the name "NetBSD".  A bigger sticker wouldn't fit well onto
my rollbar.  I'm not adverse to including the daemon, but in black
and white on such a small sticker, it doesn't seem like a big win.
I went ahead and made up something using the GIMP:

	http://www.patheticgeek.net/~kml/netbsd.jpg

This is not particularly sophisticated;  I'd kinda prefer to
have a typerwriter-style font with the characteristic flecks
missing from the letters, as if it was printed on an old line
printer.  OTOH, this is close enough that I'm ready to do it.

If somebody can do something (relatively quickly) that looks better,
I'm certainly open to that.  The requirements for the file are:
Corel Draw (v9.0 and below), Photoshop, Illustrator (v8.0 and below),
or TIFF / EPS / JPEG (300-600 DPI!).  See the stickerguy web page
for more details.  I apologize in advance if "looks better" is
entirely my subjective opinion -- dissenters are encouraged to
put up their own $20. :-)

I'll happily reward a better design with several (many?) of the
stickers.   Since I'll have 250 stickers when I really only need
one, I'm likely to reward just about anybody I see with several
of the stickers, but there it is.

In the interest of actually getting this done, I'll probably
make my order by Monday.  If I wait any longer, I'll just put
it off forever.

Kevin
kml@patheticgeek.net