Subject: Re: Reminder: NetBSD at the 19C3
To: None <netbsd-advocacy@netbsd.org>
From: Bernd Sieker <bsieker@freenet.de>
List: netbsd-advocacy
Date: 01/05/2003 00:19:31
On 04.01.03, 23:30:06, Stefan Schumacher wrote:

> IIRC it was forbidden to take pictures in the HackCenter, but I got a close encounter of the
> third kind at friday (the 1st day)

Actually there was only a polite request not to take photos. In fact a
lot of pictures were taken, but I don't know if or where they are
publicly available. There emight be some links on the ccc congress pages.

> But there were also people really interested in NetBSD.

Quite a lot actually. Most of us (esp. Roland, Kornelius and myself)
spend a lot of time helping people through all the post-installation
tasks. Setting up rc.conf, building kernels, installing pkgsrc and
binary packages etc.

Many people that came to our "booth" (a few tables, actually) had bought
a CD set before and done the installation, but didn't know what to do
after the first reboot. (And they could not look it up on the web
either, since the congress net was under constant DoS-attacks (arp
spoofing, etc., all from the inside)

In general, it was good fun, and as always, the most frequent question
was "what's the difference betwwen Open, Free and NetBSD?", closely
followed by "what's the difference between Linux and BSD?".

--
Bernd Sieker

NetBSD: The free OS with a money back guarantee!
		-- Tim Rightnour