Subject: Re: Reminder: NetBSD at the 19C3
To: Jan Schaumann <jschauma@netmeister.org>
From: Stefan Schumacher <stefan@net-tex.de>
List: netbsd-advocacy
Date: 01/04/2003 23:30:06
On Sat, 4 Jan 2003, Jan Schaumann wrote:

> Hubert Feyrer <hubertf@netbsd.org> wrote:
> >
> > This is just a last reminder that the NetBSD Project will be present at
> > the 19th Chaos Communication Congress in Berlin, Germany.
>
> How was it?  Do we have a report, pictures etc?

IIRC it was forbidden to take pictures in the HackCenter, but I got a close encounter of the
third kind at friday (the 1st day)

A kiddy came to the NetBSD booth an asked for posters (there were only the 2 made by hubertf
available). I told him that there are only the 2 posters at the wall available.
He said they are not cool enough, he wants a poster with a "cool blowfish".
I replied that the fugu is not a symbol of NetBSD, it's used by OpenBSD.
He answered: "that doesn't matter. I want a cool blowfish poster!"

I think we have to improve our marketing. (e.g. with a kind of unique logo or mascot)

But there were also people really interested in NetBSD.

--
$> man woman
$> segmentation fault (core dumped)

[http://www.net-tex.de]