Subject: how about putting the contrib/howto.html link on the main menu?
To: None <www@NetBSD.org, netbsd-advocacy@netbsd.org>
From: Greg A. Woods <woods@weird.com>
List: netbsd-advocacy
Date: 12/16/2002 15:23:31
How about putting the contrib/howto.html link on the main front-page menu?

Every time I try to remember where it is to point others at it I have to
search for quite some time to find this page again.  It's not even
anywhere near the top of the contrib/index.html.

It contains most of the really valuable information that ordinary users
need to learn how they can help the NetBSD project.

Then you could add a quick link right at the top of it to point people
at contrib/org/help.html if that's really where they wanted to go.

Also on that contrib/howto.html page the "Shell Accounts for NetBSD
Development" section doesn't belong _only_ under "Donations" -- it's
also an extremely valuable resource to help point third party
applications developers at when they need encouragment and help to get
their software working well under NetBSD.

--
								Greg A. Woods