Subject: Re: How to convert this OpenBSD guy to The Truth and The Light?
To: Roland Dowdeswell <elric@imrryr.org>
From: None <kpneal@pobox.com>
List: netbsd-advocacy
Date: 12/13/2002 09:26:01
On Thu, Dec 12, 2002 at 02:45:27PM -0500, Roland Dowdeswell wrote:
> On 1039721409 seconds since the Beginning of the UNIX epoch
> Mike Cheponis wrote:
> >

> >I do think that predictable releases are not a NetBSD strong point.  For
> >example, when can I count on 1.7 coming out, or even 2.0 ?  Who knows?
>
> NetBSD  Date		OpenBSD
> ------	----		-------
> 1.5	Dec  6, 2000
> 1.6	Sep 14, 2002

This is a bit of a bummer. That's a long time between major releases.
Personally I'm not enthused when I see spiffy features added to -current
right after a major release. Since I don't run -current, it means I
won't be able to use the new features for perhaps a couple of years.

I'd appreciate it if major releases were closer to a year apart than
two years apart.
           On the community of supercomputer fans:
"But what we lack in size we make up for in eccentricity."
  from Steve Gombosi, comp.sys.super, 31 Jul 2000 11:22:43 -0600