Subject: Re: How to convert this OpenBSD guy to The Truth and The Light?
To: None <netbsd-advocacy@netbsd.org>
From: Alan Post <apost@interwoven.com>
List: netbsd-advocacy
Date: 12/13/2002 03:15:24
In article <20021212194528.02EED174D2@arioch.imrryr.org>, Roland Dowdeswell wrote:
> On 1039721409 seconds since the Beginning of the UNIX epoch
> Mike Cheponis wrote:
>>

> I don't think that is all that bad.  In fact, I don't think that
> is bad at all.  Our release cycle is driven not by dates, but by
> facts on the ground and I think that this is an important and
> beneficial distinction.

The sentiment you describe is, I think, a good *goal*, even if NetBSD
is not all the way there.

NetBSD 1.6 was released even though PR 17107 was still open (and still
is!).  I "upgraded" from 1.5-STABLE to 1.6-STABLE two weeks ago, and
have been periodically panicking ever since (even with the
find_core=NO workaround).  Should I reinstall 1.5 or switch to, say, OpenBSD?

  Alan