Subject: Re: goto netbsd
To: Jason R Thorpe <thorpej@wasabisystems.com>
From: None <collver1@attbi.com>
List: netbsd-advocacy
Date: 09/04/2002 16:26:06
On Wed, Sep 04, 2002 at 12:52:53PM -0700, Jason R Thorpe wrote:
> On Wed, Sep 04, 2002 at 12:35:33PM -0700, Jeremy C. Reed wrote:
>
>  > Do you have specific examples why the gotos are good or bad? (And do you
>  > have patches to improve as needed?)
>
> Right.  goto can be very useful, and there's nothing wrong with it
> if it is used wisely.

Just to be clear, I am not an anti-goto crusader, I was just bored.  I was
surprised to see 30k gotos, but I shouldn't be, that's a lot of code.
Besides, as David pointed out, it's a mere 20k :)

One day I estimated the copyright notices in the netbsd source tree took
somewhere between 600k and 700k.  That's a lot of plaintext, but it is not
in any way significant.

Ben