Subject: Re: It's dead Jim
To: Perry E. Metzger <perry@piermont.com>
From: Hubert Feyrer <hubert.feyrer@informatik.fh-regensburg.de>
List: netbsd-advocacy
Date: 08/21/2002 22:59:12
On 21 Aug 2002, Perry E. Metzger wrote:
> >  * On the NetBSD mailing lists, there are 8715 different addresses
> >    subscribed
>
> Keep in mind that the overwhelming bulk of users never join a mailing
> list. I am a daily user of emacs, for instance, and I'm not on any
> emacs mailing lists. Ditto for X, TeX, and dozens of other tools I
> have. I am guessing the number of people that join a list is a
> miniscule fraction of total users for almost any piece of software.

That's right, but it's as least _some_ number.

To show some progress, the number of users who've joined our lists since I
posted the above numnber increased by 25, we're at 8740 now.
That's what - 5 new subscribers per day? ~2000 new users a year, not
counting in any exponential growth?

 - Hubert

* Basics -> http://www.onlamp.com/pub/a/onlamp/2001/05/24/ipv6_tutorial.html
* Setup  -> http://www.onlamp.com/pub/a/onlamp/2001/06/01/ipv6_tutorial.html