Subject: Re: Re. your post to netbsd-advocacy
To: Karl O . Pinc <kop@meme.com>
From: Richard Rauch <rauch@rice.edu>
List: netbsd-advocacy
Date: 07/18/2002 10:53:33
On Thu, 18 Jul 2002, Karl O . Pinc wrote:

> This time I'm taking your personal reply and making it public.  I hope
> you don't mind.

"This time?"  What previous time did I write to you?

(And, I do mind.  The topic has wasted altogether too much bandwidth on
the public list.  Further, I try to take more care in a public post than
in a private post.)

For the rest, I have disagreements with what you say.  But, as with my
this forum.  The only thing I will say is: I suspect that Perry has a
thick enough skin to take your original comments in stride.  But you
missed the point entirely: Had you read the lists, you would probably have
worked out that he doesn't need to ask someone to explain the licenses to
him.  To be a little more blunt, it's a good idea to read lists before you
post.  The NetBSD lists have archives, so you don't need to wait a few
weeks to see what they're like.  "Fame" has nothing to do with it.