Subject: Re: Software License Sound Bites, Version 0.1
To: Peter Seebach <seebs@plethora.net>
From: Karl O . Pinc <kop@meme.com>
List: netbsd-advocacy
Date: 07/18/2002 10:25:50
On 2002.07.18 09:37 Peter Seebach wrote:

> In the absence of any kind of written law, it would be very clever to try
> to infer the qualities of the law from the things people do that appear
> to be
> related to it.

IANAL, so I don't have the written law at hand.  All I've got are the
things
people do that appear to be related to it.  I've what I've been told, an
example case (snowshoveling), a reasonable rationale (the hot dog man), and
a whole lot of people who continue to write new code under a license
that does nothing but disclaim liability.

Karl <kop@meme.com>