Subject: Re: Software License Sound Bites, Version 0.1
To: Karl O . Pinc <seebs@plethora.net>
From: Andy R <quadreverb@yahoo.com>
List: netbsd-advocacy
Date: 07/17/2002 19:31:33
--- "Karl O . Pinc" <kop@meme.com> wrote:
> like he thinks
> licenses are irrelevant.  They are not.  In case you
> don't happen to
> know, you can be held responsible for damage caused
> by your software
> unless you use a license which prevents this.  You

Fine. Show us precedence. If you're going to attempt
to spread fear, back it up. I find it very hard to
believe.

You are definitely barking up the wrong tree around
here, and I'd probably stick my neck out and say that
the FreeBSDers are probably the same. This is a group
of people that writes software without any political
garbage mantra attached. Licenses are probably the
last thing on BSD developer's minds. The BSD license
has worked for many, many years, and it will stay
working forever most likely. There's no need to talk
about it any further.

Andy