Subject: Re: Software License Sound Bites, Version 0.1
To: None <collver@linuxfreemail.com>
From: Karl O . Pinc <kop@meme.com>
List: netbsd-advocacy
Date: 07/17/2002 21:13:01
On 2002.07.17 18:57 collver@linuxfreemail.com wrote:
> > I recommend you find a nice person to pick you a license, like the new
> BSD
> > or X11 license, that will keep a lawyer from showing up at your door
> > and taking away from you everything you own.
>
> Man, I hate it when I write a program and a lawyer shows up my door and
> takes everything I own.  It's a major hassle.
>
> It's great to see you protecting programmers.  Armed with these sound
> bites comparing freebie software licenses, programmers' worldly goods
> can finally be secure.

Tisk tisk.  You haven't been following the thread.  I'm not overly
interested in programmers.  Perhaps you didn't read my original post.
I'm interested in a concise and accurate description of the various
freebie software licenses written for the average reader.  The
emphasis is on brevity and accuracy, as it's pretty clear the average
person has poor-to-no English reading comprehension.

Let me repeat myself.  Again.  I'm not interested in which free
license is "best", everyone should determine that for themselves.  I'm
not interested in discussing whether or not it makes a difference
which license you use.  I want short descriptions of the license
categories and their relationships to each other.

Please tell me this is off-topic for the netbsd-advocacy list and I'll
gladly go away.  If it's not off-topic your flameage is wasting
everybody's time.

Karl <kop@meme.com>