Subject: Re: NetBSD Daemon
To: None <netbsd-advocacy@netbsd.org>
From: Charles Shannon Hendrix <shannon@widomaker.com>
List: netbsd-advocacy
Date: 05/14/2002 17:21:08
On Mon, May 13, 2002 at 10:19:34AM -0600, Herb Peyerl wrote:
> Jim Wise <jwise@draga.com>  wrote:
>  > I believe sudog is refering to clause 3 of the BSD license:
>  >
>  >  * 3. All advertising materials mentioning features or use of this software
>  >  *    must display the following acknowledgement:
>  >  *      This product includes software developed by the University of
>  >  *      California, Berkeley and its contributors.
>  >
>  > Which raises a fair question as to whether a NetBSD t-shirt mentions
>  > `features or use' of BSD Unix.  I guess it depends on the shirt.  :-)
>
> right. I don't mention "features or use of". I just have the word
> "NetBSDiality" and an illustration.

Even if you did, I think it should be OK to leave off the copyright.

There is little worse than a trademark or copyright symbol ruining a
piece of artwork, and it doesn't hurt them. I'd think they would be more
worried about the use of code, not putting it on shirts... :)

Of course, lawyers are strange beasts...

--
UNIX/Perl/C/Pizza__________________________________shannon@widomaker.com