Subject: Re: NetBSD Daemon
To: None <netbsd-advocacy@netbsd.org>
From: Charles Shannon Hendrix <shannon@widomaker.com>
List: netbsd-advocacy
Date: 05/11/2002 16:54:57
On Sat, May 11, 2002 at 03:31:35PM +0200, Thomas Michael Wanka wrote:

> the discussion about a new logo comes up once on a while. I
> like the NetBSD logo, but it is a little bit complicated or
> complex (specially in regions where many people do not know
> Ivo Jima). I think a logo must work in black and white for
> several reasons (eg. price of production of t-shirts, CDs,
> whatever). So if someone really wants to design a new logo, he
> or she should care about the b&w compatibility. This to me has
> priority over like or dislike of the logo.

Ah, that's a good point.

I don't think this is that hard to do though. Most anyone good with
image processing should be able to handle this, even if the person doing
the original work doesn't know how.

I think one thing about logos for NetBSD, is that it's up against some
very good logos that other projects have. People are likely judging logo
ideas againts those of other projects: I know I do.

--
UNIX/Perl/C/Pizza__________________________________shannon@widomaker.com