Subject: Re: ...older, obsolete OS called "BSD Unix"...
To: None <netbsd-advocacy@netbsd.org>
From: Charles Shannon Hendrix <shannon@widomaker.com>
List: netbsd-advocacy
Date: 04/23/2002 13:53:53
On Tue, Apr 23, 2002 at 08:17:37AM -0600, Herb Peyerl wrote:
> This is pretty amazing. Forwarded by a friend to one of our private
> lists:
>
> http://members.truepath.com/objective/propaganda.html

My first reaction to reading this is that is was a joke, a bit more
subtle than others.

If this site is genuine, in that they honestly believe this, that's
pretty sick.

Another quote from the aricle:
> While they currently don't advertise this fact to consumers, it is well
> known among the computer elite, who are mostly Atheists and Pagans.

Hmmm... that must explain all the heat from my UNIX servers...

Another nuggest from the article:
> According to one of our readers, the new MacOS X contains another Satanic
> holdover from the "BSD Unix" OS mentioned above; to open up certain locked
> files one has to run a program much like the DOS prompt in Microsoft Windows
> and type in a secret code: "chmod 666". What other horrors lurk in this
> thing?

I have read the site and it certainly seems to be serious, but this
sounds like a joke.  It's hard to belive they really think this way.

I suppose a Christian operating system would always skip 666 and 3 would
always be the largest number?

--
UNIX/Perl/C/Pizza__________________________________shannon@widomaker.com