Subject: the CPDTBA, and its effects on open source
To: None <netbsd-advocacy@netbsd.org>
From: Sean Davis <dive-nb@endersgame.net>
List: netbsd-advocacy
Date: 04/20/2002 18:13:50
Hi, I'm trying to gather views on how the Consumer Broadband and Digital
Television Promotion act will affect users of NetBSD, and other opensource
software. My own interpretation is that this bill, if made law, will be very
bad for the computer industry in general, and that Americans should do all
they can to keep it from passing. But I'd like to hear what others think. If
you have thoughts on what this bill will do to the IT industry, please let
me know. I'm going to be writing an article about the bill for a BSD website
(bsdfreak.org), and would like to collect as many opinions as I can. I don't
intend to quote replies directly in the article, but if I do I will leave
names/email addresses out.

The full text of the bill can be found at:
http://cryptome.org/broadbandits.htm

This site will fax your views to congress:
http://www.digitalconsumer.org/cbdtpa/cbdtpa-spn.html

Some more information can be found here:
http://www.digitalconsumer.org/cbdtpa/

Thanks,
Sean
--
/~\ The ASCII                         Sean Davis
\ / Ribbon Campaign                    aka dive