Subject: Re: Unix bashing by Microsoft, who uses Unix?
To: None <rmk@rmkhome.com>
From: John Nemeth <jnemeth@victoria.tc.ca>
List: netbsd-advocacy
Date: 04/03/2002 18:49:26
On Jul 20,  3:30am, Rick Kelly wrote:
} John Nemeth said:
}
} >     The client and server OSes have been split.  There is no such
} >thing as "XP server".  XP is a client only OS.  The current server OS
} >is 2000 Server.  The next server OS (due out in the next few months) is
} >.NET Server.  I highly doubt that XP will get the fancy new filesystem:
} >but, I can see it being in .NET.
}
} My understanding is that initially it will debut in XP, and spread to .NET
} later. After all, they have to add the traditional bloat somehow. :-)

     Perhaps, but it doesn't make sense to introduce an advanced
filesystem in a client OS.  Is there a name for this filesystem or do
you have any pointers to it?

}-- End of excerpt from Rick Kelly