Subject: Re: xmms, kDE
To: Richard Rauch <rauch@rice.edu>
From: Gavan Fantom <gavan@coolfactor.org>
List: netbsd-advocacy
Date: 04/02/2002 23:47:06
On Sat, 23 Mar 2002, Richard Rauch wrote:

> One program that I turned up was XMMS (/usr/pkgsrc/audio/xmms).  I'm not
> sure if it supports playing live material from the 'net, but it's a cool

It does indeed support streaming from the net, and it does it very well.
Many times better than mpg123 manages it, at least.

It also supports remote control via an IRman, although last time I looked,
the irman plugin was broken in pkgsrc. This worked beautifully on FreeBSD,
allowing pretty much any standard TV, video or hi-fi remote control access
to almost all of xmms' features.

Including Start and Stop streaming from the net. :o)

--
Gillette - the best a man can forget