Subject: Re: Permission to use the NetBSD logo
To: NetBSD/advocacy <netbsd-advocacy@netbsd.org>
From: Iggy Drougge <optimus@canit.se>
List: netbsd-advocacy
Date: 03/13/2002 17:03:28
Herb Peyerl skrev:

>This is what bugs me about this whole line of discussion.  There's
>no shortage of people willing to say "lots of people could be
>offended by this image" but in the 10-ish years I've been involved
>in NetBSD, I can remember only 2 instances of someone actually
>being offended.

I must say that I'm not very fond of the current symbol either, since it's
based on a piece of war-time propaganda.
While I was on a walk, I came to think of a similar motif, but without the
same political connotations, namely the famous picture from the French
revolution, featuring that bare-breasted woman holding a flag, surrounded by
struggling citizens. It retains the same basic picture of a struggle, contains
a flag, but doesn't relate to war.

--
En ligne avec Thor 2.6a.

Among the best Swedish achievements are those that closely combine social and
architectural developments, such as the carefully planned new towns built in
recent years outside Stockholm: Vällingby and Farsta.
   J.M. Richards, Modern Architecture