Subject: Re: Home Page Logo
To: Andy R <quadreverb@yahoo.com>
From: Lubomir Sedlacik <salo@Xtrmntr.org>
List: netbsd-advocacy
Date: 02/22/2002 18:04:16
--HcAYCG3uE/tztfnV

On Fri, Feb 22, 2002 at 07:41:32AM -0800, Andy R wrote:
> --- Lubomir Sedlacik <salo@Xtrmntr.org> wrote:
> > pardon me, but if someone skilled will bring this into his hands the
> > result will be the *current* logo. with few more colors. that's all.
> > and the current one has an idea behind, this looks like just a
> > chaotic mass to me.
>=20
> Give him a break for "*$&^! sake! Nobody said this was the be all, end
> all for front page logos. Just something he was working on. I don't
> particularly like it either, but for the reasons that he originally
> said, it's just cut and paste work. It may become interesting if it
> was blended together a bit better...

i got the point. and my opinion is what i said before. i was not
commenting the quality of his "sketch" and i am sorry if you understood
it this way. i said that the way "just place here few pictures of
machines and put few daemons there and it will look cute" is a little
bit shallow and it lacks an idea behind.

as i can say from private mail i received from Jan he got it that way as
i meant it and he is not arguing. thank you for acting as his advocate
but it wasn't neccessary :) (no offense meant..)

don't get me wrong, i am not against any fresh good-looking attractive
logo with a good idea. life is a change :).

peace,

--=20
-- Lubomir Sedlacik <salo@Xtrmntr.org>   ASCII Ribbon campaign against  /"\=
 --