Subject: Re: Look and feel
To: <>
From: David Laight <david@l8s.co.uk>
List: netbsd-advocacy
Date: 02/22/2002 00:35:25
> Do we have to re-fight the Wyse 50 vs. TeleVideo 925 wars?

LOL.... Used a TVI 925!  Much cheaper than a vt100:-)

> > >Some people has suggested that opting for
> > >a default X setup with a particular WM/DE will
> > >promote a false notion of NetBSD's endorsement
> > >of that Software.

Certainly there is scope for making life a little easier
for Mr average:

1) Include a reasonable Web browswr
2) Include a reasonable (POP) mail client
3) Include skeleton files for ppp dialup (for PAP/CHAP)
4) Include ipf config files that secure the system
5) Include printer configs for 'standard' printers
   (No more staircasing)
   including postscript output.

+ scripts (during install?) to add the obvious variables.

	David

--
David Laight: david@l8s.co.uk