Subject: Re: Network Neighbourhood on NetBSD?
To: David Maxwell <david@vex.net>
From: None <sudog@sudog.com>
List: netbsd-advocacy
Date: 02/21/2002 20:43:47
On Thu, 21 Feb 2002, David Maxwell wrote:

[ section # 1 ]
> > > This is avaiable for free download. I don't have the bandwidth, so I was
> > > just wondering if somebody could take a look.
> > >
> > > The site is www.elxlinux.com.
[ end of section # 1 ]

> Why did you take the mention of a product to be a demand that you do
> something about it? To me it looked just like information - 'competitive
> analysis', if you will - about what some projects are doing in an
> attempt to be user friendly.

See section #1. I took the mention to be a request that someone else
take a look at elxlinux and do this user's dirty work for him.

There are many alternatives to downloading for a resourceful person--
even to the point of visiting a cable modem-enabled neighbour and
bringing a loaf of fresh bread over to ask that they download it for
you.

The attitude of this user was one suggestive of laziness on his part,
and a lack of drive. I doubt there are many here who would waste their
time evaluating a Linux distribution when there's so much effort
involved in installing, fiddling, and learning a new one.

-sudog